A Place to Ponder
Home Reflections Poetry Short Stories Prayer Room Blog Contact Us

Used by permission of Liz Lemon Swindle. Painting available through Repartee Gallery.

What It Means To Know Christ

A man passed away and was resurrected and waiting in a room to be interviewed. Another man was ahead of him. The door opened the man entered, the door closed. The man on the outside could hear the conversation on the other side of the door. The interviewer began: "I want you to tell me what you know about Jesus Christ."

"Well, He was born of a virgin in Bethlehem. He lived 33 years, spending the last three in His ministry organizing His church, choosing His apostles to direct it, and giving the gospel to direct our lives."

The interviewer stopped him and said; "Yes, yes, that's all true, but I want you to tell me what you know about Jesus Christ."

"Well, He was tortured and crucified that we might have eternal life. Three days later, He was resurrected that we might return to our Heavenly Father".

"Yes, yes, that is true, but I want you to tell me what you know about Jesus Christ."

The man a little perplexed, again began:

"Well, He restored the gospel in its fulness to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith, restored His church, gave us temples wherein we might do work to save our dead. He gave us family prayer and family home evening where we might unite with our families. He gave us the Priesthood to heal the sick and perform personal ordinances for our salvation and exaltation."

The interviewer again stopped him and said: "All of what you have said to me is true. Please pass through this door."

The entry door opened and the second man entered. As he approached the interviewer he fell upon his knees and cried,

"My Lord, My God!"

(Author Unknown)

SHORT STORIES

For Where Your Treasure Is, There Will Your Heart Be Also

Gold At St. Peter's Gate

Heavenly Trek and Handcarts

Master Mahan's Plan

Picture Yourself In That Day

Sacred Moments Hard To Endure

The Parable of Perception

Three Sisters and The Resurrection

Real True Grit

What It Means To Know Christ